We recommend the following design and technical resources:
Public-facing COVID-19 infections dashboards
- Tableau COVID-19 Viz Gallery - A curation of the those impactful data visualizations about Coronavirus (COVID-19) - from an enterprise tech company - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Global Cases - Johns Hopkins provides an embeddable dashboard of coronavirus cases around the world. - Instructions for embedding it - Eagle County Community COVID-19 Monitoring - Eagle County provides an example of a great local dashboard that is publicly available. They also provide instructions for how to create one for your own state/ locality.
Image & illustration assets (all resources listed here are safe for free use)
- CDC’s coronavirus logo - CDC’s Coronavirus Image Library - CDC’s Public Health Image Library - CDC’s Coronavirus Graphic Assets - CDC’s Social Media Toolkit - lots for assets that you can use for Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms
Testing & self-assessment tools
- Apple’s self assessment tool developed with the CDC, White House, and FEMA
Infection tracking/ tracing
Building your website
- Design system from digital.gov - component and layout library used by official U.S. government websites - Link to the mockup referenced in this document - feel free to copy and use any aspect of this template based on your needs
- Ask A Scientist - This Q+A tool is for general scientific questions about COVID-19. Developed by the Federation of American Scientists in collaboration with the New Jersey Office of Innovation and the Governance Lab at New York University.
NY Times articles on Coronavirus - The NYTimes provides a free coronavirus information portal, which contains lots of content and an e-book. Their FAQs section is fantastic.
Pandemic Response Repository - A collection of open source digital resources to help governments respond to the Coronavirus from New America. Lots of sample projects + code references that you can take to repurpose.
California, NYC, and New Jersey all have excellent COVID-19 websites in terms of website usability, ease of finding key information, and simplicity.