We recommend that your website include the following in an introductory section:
- Navigation at the top makes the high-level buckets of categories very clear and easy to get to.
- Search provides an easy and quick way for visitors to find what they are looking for.
- Definition of coronavirus - Not everyone might know what coronavirus is yet, so state in clear, simple terms what it is.
- Stay at home order - if your state has a stay at home order, this is very important to call out prominently at the top of your site. Link to the content of the Stay at Home order itself.
- When the site was last updated. The coronavirus situation is changing very quickly. Letting your visitors know when you’ve last updated the site helps provide confidence that the information is accurate and up-to-date. The State of California provides a great example of where to put the Definition of coronavirus, a notification of the Stay at home order, and when the site was last updated.